In the era of fast development, we are consuming a lot of energy in our homes. With the advent of Roof-top Solar Installations, now everyone has access to the generation of electricity. As the popular saying goes, what can be measured, can be managed. Homeowners often tend to ignore the importance of remote monitoring system when they Opt-in for Solar Installations. Monitoring is empowerment. This empowerment in electricity generation is known as Remote Monitoring System or RMS in short. So let us dive deep and see how we can utilize this power –
1) Tracking power system – Remote Monitoring System regularly monitors, collects and transmits the whole data related to the power produced by the Solar PV System. It displays the key performance data such as each system/equipment performance, each parameter like solar panel voltage(input voltage), solar panel current(input current), grid voltage(output voltage), grid current(output current).
2) Maintenance and Servicing – RMS gives you the power to have less to nill downtime. Downtime “refers to a period of time that a system fails to provide or perform its primary function”. What RMS does is predicts when your power system can break or have some malfunctioning or just start underperforming. It gives you a warning so that you can accordingly call the service department. The best part is that RMS is also available at remote locations that will let your system provider know when there is going to be a problem and they will call you for servicing. That right there is peace of mind guaranteed so you don’t have to worry about the breakdown, ever!
3) Predictive Forecasting – RMS lets you see how much energy will be produced in near future like in two days or a week. You can see the forecasting each and every day and can plan your usage accordingly.
4) Report Generation – Remote Monitoring System can generate various types of mission-critical reports. You can even make customizable reports as you see fit. You can also make it from comprehensible to complicated with a lot of parameters in place.
5) Integrating Sensors – RMS can easily integrate external sensors such as a pyrometer, temperature sensors etc which helps you to analyze the performance of various different components. A must for any techie lover or anyone who wants to have deep down analysis.
6) Controlling the system remotely – Probably one of the best features of a Remote Monitoring system is that you can control the whole power system of your house or workplace just through an app. Through this app, you can switch ON or OFF any equipment remotely! Adding on, you can also be notified if you are using more than your average power consumption. Not only this but you can also get notifications on your mobile if any equipment is not performing according to the standards.
Why ThingsWiFi is the best choice for Remote Monitoring System
ThingsWiFi is a WiFi-based RMS system for Solar Grid Inverters and Solar Grid Interactive or Hybrid Inverters. It will keep on updating each pulse of your solar system promptly. Also, it helps you with the predictive maintenance of your system and the forecasting of the generation. It is a smart monitoring system that will provide you with –
1) WiFi-based communication – Generally normal RMS use sim based communication that costs you an extra charge every month. But Things WiFi lets you use your home or office wifi for all the communications between you and the system, saving you from the extra bill and giving you a smooth service.
2) Integrate external sensors – With Things WiFi, you can easily integrate any and all sensors External Sensors are pyranometer, temperature sensors, wind meter, battery management systems etc and get all their reports and analysis.
3) Multi inverter compatibility – You will be able to integrate any type of inverter with ThingsWifi such as ThingsHifi, Delta, SMA, ABB etc. This gives you the power to choose over time any inverter that you like, without changing the whole system.
4) Dashboard availability – You don’t need to worry to get an extra device or a new operating system to see the dashboard of Things WiFi. Be it Web or mobile, Android or IOS, you can easily access the dashboard from the device you are already having.
Things WiFi makes it easy for you so that you can monitor different inverters connected to your system from a single platform. It allows you to connect and monitor up to 28 inverters at a time!
5) Analyzing Data – Analysing data becomes just so easy and fun with ThingsWiFi. Things WiFi gives you the complete freedom to choose different types of graphs with respect to different sensors, style, comprehensibility etc.
Fig: Web Dash Board
Fig: Mobile Dash Board